POSTGAME NOTES: A clarification on Aubrey Huff, Sanchez shines, Uribe slugs, Giants will be Sans-a-Belt in September

The Giants took a series at Dodger Stadium tonight, which is always a big deal. They are just one game behind the San Diego Padres in the NL West.

This is getting serious, folks.

But before we delve into some notes and observations on Jonathan Sanchez's clutch effort, allow me to take care of an, ahem, dangling bit of business:

Aubrey Huff's red thong underwear.

I swear, this is not a fixation of mine. Nooooo way. But Huff pointed out a couple misconceptions in the blog post I wrote last night, and he kindly asked me to set the record, ahem, straight.

Not wanting to drive a wedge between myself and one of the most quotable players on the team, I'm glad to oblige.

"It's the Rally Thong,” Huff said. "It's not a slump thong. If I was wearing it to break a slump, I would've burned it a long time ago.”

I suppose so. Huff is hitting .200 in 24 games since Aug. 8. He's just 2 for 19 in five games while wearing his dainty delicates.

"This is a team thing,” Huff said. "When I broke it out (Tuesday), we had 30 games left. I said, `Guys, here's 20 wins right here.'”

The Rally Thong is 4-1 thus far, and as long as Mike Murphy remembers to wash it in the delicate cycle, all will be right in Huff's world.

Except for the occasional atomic wedgie, I guess.